Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The storm that wasn't.

Apparently quite a few folks are miffed about the meteorologists getting it wrong, as some are now apologizing .    Yeah, I was bummed that we didn't get slammed and a little annoyed that I burned a vacation day I really didn't need to so I wouldn't have to deal with weather-increased traffic.  My workplace had a liberal leave policy in place for the day.
If that were the worst of my problems, I would be so fortunate.
On the positive side, I took the opportunity and made a phone call to see if Belle and Murphy wanted to meet at the dog park.  The three dogs had a grand time chasing around and doing some much needed burning off of some energy. 

Ironically, the roads were worse this morning than they were all day yesterday.  I woke up to about 1 1/2" of snow on the driveway and the roads to get out to the main road were barely touched by plows/ salt trucks.  Even the interstate roads had a few areas of being covered.
Fortunately, I got to work and through the gate before the guard had the center's updated operating status, which was a delayed opening.  I would have been denied access and would have ended up hanging out somewhere for a few hours.  But I made it in and used the time to catch up on some administrative stuff.

Maybe the next "storm" will bring us some snow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment