Monday, January 19, 2015

Day at the range

Spent several enjoyable hours at the range today with Proud Hillbilly, Murphy's Law and a neighbor of his.
Speaking purely of myself, managed to poke a bunch of holes in paper, some of them even where I wanted them to be.
After increasing the mass and density of the pistol range berm, we headed to the 100/ 200 yard range, where I was able to do some final tweaking of the scope on the G2 Recon.


The rifle comes stock with Magpul furniture and BUIS.  I mounted the Nikon M308 4-16 scope and Harris bi-pod.  And just like window stickers make a riced-out Honda go faster, I had to add Magpul rail covers to make it shoot better.
I. like. this. rifle.  A lot.  I think know it is capable of better accuracy than what I can manipulate.  But from being the novice that I am and using commercial reloads, I'm still pretty pleased.
100 yards, after a few rounds of tweaking the scope.

200 yards.  First round almost center-punched.  Then it was downhill hill from there.
I need to get back to another Appleseed event... or three.
The only downside of the afternoon was that we didn't have time to catch a bite to eat when we finished.  Another time.

5 comments:

  1. Yep. Come the Revolution, you can be on my side...but only if you bring that G2 with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed. I'm beginning to think I need an AR in 7.62.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should. Half the reason I got it was because it was the one platform/ caliber combo that Murphy's Law doesn't have! (yet)

      Delete
  3. A great way to spend the day! Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete