Thursday, January 21, 2016

This is a first...

In the 16+ years I've had to deal cope endure traffic in the burbs of chaos, I believe I say for the very first time something very unusual. 
I took a bit of a detour and different route for a portion of my commute, as I heard in time (thankfully) on the radio that the BW Parkway was closed due to a wreck.  Not surprising as the many of the roads I had been traveling looked either icy, wet, or  most likely, a combination.  I had already seen no less than a dozen vehicles that had gone off the road.  Of all my commute, the Parkway is the road I detest the most. 
So if you've stuck with this so far, you're probably thinking, "Shut up already and tell what you saw!"
In my alternate route, I could see portions of the Parkway and backed up traffic.  I was glad I wasn't in it and figured I would continue taking an alternate route, albeit being a few miles farther around.  At the last moment I noticed that the traffic was moving. Slow, but moving.  I would only have to be on it for one exit; approximately 2 miles.  So I took my chances.  Lo and behold, the vast majority of drivers were being cautious and giving 2-3 car lengths space between each other!  Usually the obliviots are right on the bumper of the car in front and constantly tapping their brakes.
I guess the sight of all the other cars in the ditches and off into the woods woke a few people up!
It was nice to see for once (except for the car with the NC tag; there is caution, then there is just being scared.  You my friend should stay off the road.) but I know better than to expect it.


No comments:

Post a Comment