Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Movie mini-review

I say "mini-review" because I am nowhere near anything of a film critic/ reviewer.  I didn't even sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
My wife and I watched the movie "Divergent" over this past weekend.
It is another in the seemingly popular post-apocalyptic event/ reformed society movies.  I find that in itself interesting.  unlike the Mad Max type movies where everything is mayhem  following whatever event happened, these movies portray a society that rebuilt itself.  There seem to be rules and customs that were developed to ensure that whatever the downfall was doesn't happen again.  However, the corruption of human nature that caused the societal collapse in the first place eventually rears it's ugly head in the plot of the movie.
We enjoyed the movie.  We thought it was well done with good special effects and acting and look forward to watching the 2nd movie, titled "Insurgent"
Supposedly there is a third movie coming out soon also.  My wife asked me if I knew what it was going to be about.  I told her it will probably be the same old story line.  It will be titled "Regurgent"  Then the fourth movie will be where the good guys come back and clean house.  It will be titled "Detergent".
Murphy, those were for you.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. I have seen that advertised on Direct TV, never gave it much thought. I think based on your review I'll watch it.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete