Sunday, January 24, 2016

Post storm report

What a mess.  Most emergency units were getting stuck.  Our utility truck was running all over the county assisting with a lot of the medical calls.  A number of the the other departments had placed tractors in service, but they can only go so fast or be in so many places at one time.
Fortunately for us, a couple of calls for the 6x brush truck and the utility were the only pieces to be on the street.
I had heard that the state was having issues with the fuel pumps at their their refueling depot.  If true, that certainly didn't help with their task of keeping the roads plowed.  I know in my area, the only plowing of the roads was done by my neighbor with his big 4x tractor.  I have yet to see a state truck.

1 comment:

  1. When I was younger I really looked forward to snow. But now at 63 all I can think of when I hear it is coming is "ah, S**t."

    ReplyDelete