Thursday, April 30, 2015

WAY too busy

Just when I thought there was a hint of being able to stay on top of things that need to be done/ want to get done, the bottom blows out and I end up being busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. (Or a one armed paper hanger, take your pick.)
A couple of weeks ago I started the engine swap in the Jeep.  Ran into a few snags.  Did manage to get the engine mated to the transmission by myself, but it still sits in the garage with many pieces still needing to be un-pieced.  My "one weekend" project has become considerably longer.
If that wasn't enough to require time and effort, I was finally able to buy the water treatment equipment necessary to get my poor quality well water potable.
Chlorine injection pump, new pressure tank, two storage tanks (to allow sitting time for the chlorine to work) water softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis filter (consuming sodium-laden softened water is not healthy) and because it's old and showing rust around the bottom, a new water heater.  I have some plumbing to do.
This past Saturday ended up being rather unproductive.  Started working on planning my attack on the plumbing when the tones dropped for a transformer fire, which then became a possible structure  fire, as the homeowner heard popping and a smell of smoke inside the home.  Fortunately the extent of that was a blackened outlet.  The pole outside with the transformer on was burning, though.  Not much to do until the power company gets there but make sure it doesn't spread.
Once I got back home, took Maggie to the dog park, then off to the local hardware store.  Came upon a two car collision that had just happened.  Fortunately the injuries were very minor, but I was on scene for that about 45 min or so.
There are some at work, and I've said it from time to time myself, that I need to go to work to get some rest.  Yeah.  That's not happening.  I'm even busier at work.  Perhaps one of these days I'll elaborate a bit on what I do.
To quote something my dad used to say; "No rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need it."

1 comment:

  1. Once you get retired, you'll have more time than you know what to do with. Sometimes that's a good thing, I guess......

    ReplyDelete