Sunday, April 5, 2015

Resurection Day

The message this morning was on the text found in John 20.  For me, anyway, there were a couple of prominent take-away thoughts.  John (as also found in the other accounts) describes how the stone used to seal the tomb was rolled away.  I have heard over the years how this would not have been an easy task, given the typical size and weight of the stone and that there were Roman soldiers guarding the tomb.  This was not done for Christ to be able to get out.  He didn't require it, but for our sake to get in.
Also, John describes in chapter 20, verses 5-8 how he stopped and stooped to look into the tomb, but did not go in until after Peter.  He then went in and believed.  We cannot stand at the doorway and just look in.  We must go into the tomb to believe.  An add-on thought I had to that is the analogy that we must enter the tomb and leave our unbelief in the grave.
It has been a good day weekend of remembrance.  Of what Christ has done and accomplished for me, so that I could be reconciled to God, to give me a new identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment