Thursday, May 26, 2016

Crickets

Crickets chirping.  That's about all that's going on here.
The minutia of life as it fleetingly passes by.  The wonderment of our daily activities that we get accustomed to and not find noteworthy, forgetting that every day is a gift.

I wasn't able to go to the NRA convention this year.  Perhaps one of these years...  Meanwhile, I'll have to appreciate it vicariously through my blog followings.  Although the numerous comments about the traffic snarls kind of makes me glad I didn't go.  I hate being stuck in crowds.

The other day while I was at my firehouse, the Chief stopped in with the toddler  whom he and his wife recently took guardianship.  Cute little guy.  Probably around 2 y/o, give or take.  He came right up to me, even though he doesn't know me.  After playing with him a little, I walked him behind the Chief, who was wearing basketball shorts and proceeded to go thru the motions with the little guy on the art/ act of de-pantsing.  Everyone got a yuk-yuk out of it.  About a half hour after the Chief went home, I got a text from him.  He was at the sink when the little guy came up behind him and attempted to de-pants him.  He was cussing me.  Awesome.   Murphy, you would be proud.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess that's an activity all boys will be involved in, one way or the other.

    Not much going on here. Planned to stay up on the mountain til after the Memorial Day weekend but now we have to go into town for ferret food today.

    Like you say, just flowing on down the river of time.

    ReplyDelete