Saturday, December 13, 2014

That time of year again

A few fire departments with which I have been affiliated in the past do this.  Last year the FD I am with now started doing this as well.  I think it's good P.R. with he community we serve.  (As long as it's done properly.)
I'm talking about "Santa Cruise".
Santa gets on top of the engine or some other fd apparatus and gets taken through the neighborhoods, emergency lights flashing and sirens blaring, waving at everyone, while typically "elves" dish out candy canes to the kids.

What I've always found a little surprising is how many adults really seem to enjoy this as well.  I can't count the times I've seen adults outside with their cameras taking pictures and video.

Well, gotta go.  Now it's off to a couple of neighboring community's Christmas parades.

Santa rides again next weekend.  At least in our neighborhoods...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, and thanks to "Santa" for driving my mutts into a howling frenzy for twenty minutes straight as he and his elves leisurely coasted around the neighborhood with sirens blaring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't us. You're not in our first-due area. Besides, if they're busy howling, then they're not getting into stuff they're not supposed to...

      Delete