Monday, September 19, 2016

An interesting but unimportant discovery

I have an eclectic taste in music.  I like a little bit of most genre's with the exception of rap.  Unfortunately my musical ability is pretty much non-existent.  Keeping a tempo for me rivals that of Steve Martin in "The Jerk" and about the only way I can carry a tune is if it's coming out of a radio on my shoulder.
While visiting with some friends over the weekend, they shared a music video they randomly  came across on the tube of you.  It is a band called "Steam Powered Giraffe".
According to the wikipedia page, they were formed in 2008 and is popular in the steampunk subculture.  They are also trained as mimes, which is evident in their antics as steam powered robots.  They have also created a backstory for the band, which I also find interesting.
Their harmonizing is quite amazing as well as the voice range of the guitar player.
I can't say that I would want to listen to them all the time, but they are a nice change of pace.
Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've been getting bored listening to the same music. Also came across a couple of guys, I think they're brothers, that play cellos with a twist of rock. They are called, oddly enough, 2cellos. Been also listening to Lindsey Stirling, the dancing pop-violinist.

      Delete