Monday, December 14, 2015

Weekend not as planned

"Men make plans and God laughs."
Heard that line in a movie once and I suspect it may be quite accurate.
I was going to take advantage of a good weather forecast and head out to a friend's farm and cut some more firewood.  Yeah.  That didn't happen.  But, I did get some much needed seasonal change stuff done around the house.  Got the lawn equipment stowed for the winter, moved the snow thrower to the door of the shed and got some larger items that didn't need to be in the garage into the shed.
I also got a phone call early in the afternoon from one of the guys from the fire station.  Most of them were at a nearby community's parade and they forgot about making arrangements for access for some folks who were renting the station for a Christmas party.  So I headed over to the station to take of that.  The folks showed up later than expected, so it was about an hour and a half before I got back home.  Finished up the loose ends and called it a day.
Sunday was expected to be the typical schedule.  Had read about old nfo's send-off lunch and wanted to attend, but the logistics just weren't going to pan out.  Then I saw Murphy and found out the situation was not quite as I understood it to be.  It didn't take much goading on his part for me to make some last minute arrangements to take care of my remaining obligations and responsibilities of the morning.
We met for lunch and I believe it it safe to say a good time was had by all, particularly by us at the antics that the waitstaff had old nfo do after Murphy convinced them it was old nfo's birthday.  I believe there is photographic evidence, but after threats of silent death by Ninja, we are more likely to see paperwork from Whitewater real estate deals.
After lunch it was off to Big Box Store to buy some toys for Toys For Tots.  I'll let Murph elaborate more on that.
Twas a good time and it was good seeing everyone that attended.  I only regret that I didn't have opportunity to get to know old nfo before he moved away from this area.

4 comments: