Monday, August 31, 2015

Safest place on the planet.

My wife wanted to go to the movies Sat evening and see the recently released "War Room".
It was a good movie, albeit with some bad acting, but nonetheless, well worth watching.  But that's not the topic of this post...

The movie was not playing at any theaters on our side of the river, so we had to go into the Not-So-Free state to a theater in Frederick.
I saw a blog in the last few weeks that talked about some theater's new "policies" regarding patron security, safety, blah, blah, blah...
I had forgotten about it until we walked up the entrance, and there a new sign greeted us:


As we entered the theater, the ticket-taker did a cursory look into my wife's purse, as he did to the lady in front of us, paying no attention to me.  I wasn't carrying at the time, knowing that in that state, simply exercising one's right can turn one into a felon very quickly. 
So let me think about this;  We are standing in a state that effectively does not allow the carry of firearms outside of one's domicile.  Couple that with the implication that "they will find weapons you're trying to smuggle in" and that leaves me with the warm fuzzy feeling that I'm in the safest place on the planet, because we all know that signs and laws stop criminals and evil-doers, right?
Of course, the sign does not say that they are looking for weapons, so maybe I'm reading in between the wrong lines and they are trying to protect me from unauthorized snacks and beverages?


2 comments:

  1. I wonder what the ticket taker would do if he looked in your bag or back pack and saw a 9mm and magazines. If he made a sound, seems like that would set off the fireworks if that's what the holder intended. I'd love to read the establishments procedures.

    I carry my pistol whenever my wife and I go to the theater. I'm sure many of the other people in the show are armed as well. Strangely, there have been no movie shootings in Georgia that I am aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quit going to the movie theaters a LONG time ago. You get robbed at the snack bar and risk getting shot by some crazy that doesn't read the signs.

    ReplyDelete